Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Lord's charge to Joshua

Good Morning, dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have an overcast, cooler morning so far, but a promise of getting warmer this afternoon. It is so strange when the sun does not shine, simply because that is so normal for this area.

I saw an unusual sight yesterday in a neighborhood yard as I was leaving to do errands. Three wood storks were standing sentinel like, in a driveway. I believe that is the first time I have seen them not on the bank of water someplace.. They are really big birds!

I drove out to Walmart to gas the van up and was pleased to see that prices are down and seem to be getting close to $3 a gal. Actually, I paid more for a half gallon of milk, than for a gallon of gas! Made the mistake of buying the milk at Farm Store. Lesson learned.

I stopped by the park on the way back and it was very busy with a lot of people enjoying the beautiful day! I was pleased to see the gopher tortoise ambling along near his hole in the ground. I had noticed it was freshly used, but had not seen the gopher in a few weeks. I did not see the moorhens or the anhinga on the weir, but God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Joshua 1:5-9
No one will be able to stand their ground against you as long
as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not
fail you or abandon you.

Be strong and courageous, for you will lead my people to 
possess all the land I swore to give my ancestors. Be strong and 
very courageous. Obey all the laws  Moses gave you. Do not turn
away from them, and you will be successful in every thing you do.
Study the book of the Law continually. Meditate on it day and night so you may be
sure to obey all that is written in it. Only then will you 
succeed. I command you..be strong and courageous. Do not be 
afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you
wherever you go.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs.
Amaryllis