Monday, March 11, 2013

As Time Goes By

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Sun is shining, and the temp is already up to 70, so I have no reason to be so slow, except I can always blame it on the time change!

The weekend was great. Brian took me to Starbucks so we could use the WiFi to get my iphone on the internet. For some reason, it did not work, so guess we will have to try again. He said he used the one in TIA because it is free. He tried the one in Hartsfield, but that was a pay to use. Brian was in Atla most of last week for a business seminar. Anyway, at least, I am learning to text. Since texting to me takes a lot longer than a simple phone call, I cannot understand why people text so much! Guess I just don't get it!

I saw two ospreys flying around the light poles at Sawgrass Elementary yesterday, and the one at Gateway parking lot is still active. The old nest is scattered on the ground around the pole they used there, so they will have to start from scratch. There were lots of people at the park yesterday. I drove there to slurp on a strawberry milk shake I bought at Steak and Shake. My one indulgence of the day! I went into the living room when I got out of bed Saturday, and opened the drapes, to see a large flock of ibis, across the street, steadily pecking their way from one yard to another. God is good!

From the devotional book Quiet Moments with God:

This is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice
and be glad in it, Psalm 118:24 NKJV
"Where does the time go?" we ask. Here it is- a new day on the horizon-and we can't
remember how it arrived so quickly. Why, last week seems like yesterday,
and last year flew by like a video in fast forward.

And worse, it's hard to remember what we spent it on.

Shouldn't I have more great memories?  We wonder.
What did I accomplish? Is this all I've done with all that time?
Singer Jim Croce mused in his hit song, "Time in a Bottle: that
 "there never seems to be enough time do do the things you want
to do, once you find them." We search so hard for happiness.
But often, we don't understand that happiness is not a goal to be won,
 but a by product of a  life well spent.

This "Old English Prayer" offers simple instruction for enjoying 
the day that the Lord has made:

Take time to work, it is the price of success.
Take time to think, it is the source of power.
Take time to play, it is the secret of perpetual youth.
Take time to read, it is the foundation of wisdom.
Take time to be friendly, it is the road to happiness.
Take time to dream, it is hitching your wagon to a star.
Take time to love and be loved, it is the privilege of the gods.
Take time to look around, it is too short a day to be selfish.
Take time to laugh, it is the music of the soul.

True happiness come from
the job of deeds well cone.
The zest of creating things new. 
Antoine De Saint Exupery

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis