Friday, March 8, 2013

Roamin' thru Romans

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have another chilly morning, but the temp is supposed to climb up to the seventies today, and be around 80 Sunday! Sounds good to me! The wind was chilly all day yesterday, and when I drove out to Walmart for gas for the van, the wind was really blowing. I was wearing a windbreaker, but did not have it zipped up, so I stood with my back to the wind, while pumping the gas. It was really chilly, but the sun was hot!

Well, my friend across the street called last night to tell me my porch light was not on. I told her I had turned it on, but apparently, it burned out. The bug lights do not last very long, so maybe I will have a regular light installed. I cannot do it myself, because I am not tall enough, so I will see if Brian has time, since he returned from Atlanta last night after being gone all week on a business trip. I tried to sweep off the porch yesterday morning before my pest control man came, but the wind was blowing the leaves right back at me, so I finally gave up and gave some mighty sweeps just to get them off the door mat! Right now, all is still, so maybe we won't have so much blowing today.

I checked in at the park on my way back from Walmart and saw black turtles plastered against the bank of the weir. I saw a tan gopher tortoise on the walking trail, and noticed as I got to the canal that there is a dull coating of pollen on the water. Of course, it is lined with oak trees, so the seeds and leaves fall right in and on. Quite a few people were out enjoying the good weather, including a car from Quebec, which I followed in. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

The Danger of Criticism Romans 14:1-11
Accept Christians who are weak in faith, and don't argue
with them about what they think is right or wrong. For 
instance, one person believes it is all right to eat anything.
But another believer who has a sensitive conscience will
eat only vegetables. Those who think it is all right to eat
anything must not look down on those who won't. And 
those who won't eat certain foods must not condemn those
who do, for God has accepted them. Who are you to condemn
God's servants? They are responsible to the Lord, so let him
 tell them whether they are right or wrong. The Lord's power
will help them do as they should.

In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another
day, while others think every day is alike. Each person should
have a personal conviction about this matter.
Those who have a special day for worshiping the Lord are trying
to honor him. Those who eat all kinds of food do so to honor the
Lord, since they give thanks to God before eating . And those who
won't eat everything also want to please the Lord and give thanks
to God....

So why do you condemn another Christian? Why do you look down 
on another Christian? Remember each of us  will stand personally
before the judgment seat of God.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis