Monday, April 15, 2013

Discernment

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We had a nice rain last night, even though it did not last long, but this morning is sunshiny and a cool breeze is blowing.

I can see lots of tiny mangoes already growing on the tree next door, so it looks like a good crop for them this year. They have several mango trees, some next to the street. Maybe one will be blown into my yard...:o) (The fruit, not the tree.)

Brian and I went to lunch at the Kopper Kitchen Saturday, after meeting at Mari's to have our hair done...him for a haircut and me for styling. She was the one who suggested the place and I had not been there in years, so we drove there and had good salads. I took a slice of lemon meringue pie home, but was disappointed when I ate it. While the meringue was fluffy and delicious, the  lemon part was too tart and I think they used canned lemon juice instead of fresh. Oh, well, maybe another time!

Yesterday I drove over to the park later in the day, and found a sheriff's deputy there with a small crowd around some object. I parked and looked, and saw something covered with a white cloth, then heard a screech. So, I think they had captured a peacock, because that's what it sounded like. Peacocks are beautiful, but they screech very loudly! I had also seen an anhinga on the weir and a beautiful white egret fishing in the canal. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

When I an confused, where do I turn for clarity, wisdom, understanding and direction?

James 1:5-6 If you need wisdom- if you want to know what God wants
you to do ask him, and he will gladly tell you. He will not resent your
asking, but when you ask him, but sure you really expect him to answer,
for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed
by the wind. People like that should not expect to receive anything
from the Lord. They can't make up their minds. They waver back and
forth in everything they do.


Psalm 119:125 Give discernment to me, your servant; then I will understand
your decrees.


Discernment is the ability to interpret events and to understand
the true nature of people and situations. Discernment is an aspect
of wisdom. It enables us to see behind the facades that mask the
truth. Discernment shows us through the maze of options that face
us. Like the sun that burns away the fog, discernment cuts through
 the confusion and distractions. Whereas the devil is the "father of lies,"
God is the father of the truth, and he gives discernment to those who
seek it.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis