Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Don't Condemn Others

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We had a very loud and severe thunderstorm last night, which caused tornado warnings  . In fact, one small one touched down just a couple miles from here, at 87th and 4th St! Too close! When I finally climbed in bed, it was still rumbling and sprinkling. We got a lot of rain!

Well, my house is under attack by a brown, feisty sparrow. I have reflexive film on the windows and apparently this crazy bird thinks this other bird is intruding on his territory! I kept going from bedroom window to bedroom window, chasing him off, so he would stop pecking his brains out against the glass! This morning at 6:30, I heard the tap, tap against my window and sure enough, there he was, flinging himself against the window and pecking away! Now, that is a little too early for me! Hopefully, he will get over this obsession soon!

I went for a ride through the park yesterday, All was quiet and simmering in the heat of midday. Not many people were there, but the grass looks very green and the ibis were quietly pecking here and there. It was peaceful. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Matthew 7:1-6
Stop judging others, and you will not be judged.
For others will treat you as you treat them. Whatever
measure you use in judging others, it will be used to
to measure how you will be judged. And why worry
about a speck in your friend's eye, when you have a
log in your own? How can you think of saying, "Let
me help you get rid of that speck in your eye, when you
can't  see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First
get rid of the log in your own eye, then perhaps you will
see well enough  to deal with the speck in your friend's eye.
Don't give what is holy to unholy people. Don't give
pearls to swine! They will trample the pearls , then
turn and attack you!


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with
thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis