Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Live on Purpose

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Even though it was cloudy nearly all day yesterday, we had no rain around here, and today looks the same. However, there is a large area of clouds in the gulf and it is slowly moving north, which means we will be getting wet maybe tomorrow. But that's okay because we can always use the rain!

I was thinking yesterday as I drove into a shopping place that we have taken over so much of the ospreys space, that they are building nests anywhere. I reflected on that when I saw straw, sticks and other stuff sticking haphazardly out of a couple of tall light covers on a pole. They seem to come back to the same nests year after year, so I guess it doesn't bother them.

Well, I was brave and went through the ingrown toenail operation with no pain even from the needle stick. The Doc said I must have a high pain threshold, because he has some patients who just about climb off the chair when he sticks them. But other than pressure, I really felt no discomfort. But I was awakened early by the toe throbbing, so I climbed out of bed  and started my day by soaking the toe as directed in vinegar water. So, I am doing okay and hopefully, it will heal with no problems. God is good!

From the little devotional book Knowing God:


God chose you to be his people, so I urge you now to live the life to which God called you. 
Ephesians 4:1 NCV

Life is best lived on purpose. And purpose, like everything
else in the universe, begins with God. Whether you
realize it or not, God has a plan for your life, a divine
calling, a direction in which He is leading you. When you
 welcome God into your heart  and establish a genuine
relationship with Him, He will begin, in time to make His
purposes known.

Sometimes, God's intentions will be clear to you; other times,
God's plans will seem uncertain at best. But even on those
difficult days when you are unsure which way to turn, you must
never lose sight of these overriding fact: God created you
for a reason; he has important work for you to do and he's
waiting patiently for you to do it.

And the next step is up to you.

"I beg you not to squander life. And don't live for this world only."
Billy Graham

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers
with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis