Friday, June 7, 2013

Random acts of kindness

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord had made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! The storm is gone, the sun is shining, puffy clouds are floating by and the waters have receded.  Mostly, all is well.

Even though I have been confined to the house for the past two days,I have received much kindness from prayer partners and friends with offers of help. Then the TBT carrier yesterday morning pushed the chair he leaves the paper in, against the wall right by the front door, so I just had to put one foot out to pick it up.

After my friend and cleaning lady, Cheryl took the dumpster down front for me, when they finished cleaning,, I noticed the wind had blown it over after it was emptied yesterday, and it was lying in the street on its side. When the rain had stopped, I was thinking about going to pick it up, but heard the neighbor kid come home and next thing I knew, it was back in place outside my kitchen window! I called him to see if he had done it, and he confirmed it and seemed embarrassed by my thanks. We had a nice chat about his family who lives out near the intracoastal waterway. and caught up on news. He lives all alone in the big house by choice.

BTW, my arm is looking pretty horrible with a huge bruise from elbow to middle of the arm, but I have the stitches open to the air as per instructions, and it seems to be healing nicely. Thanks for all the prayers!

People are good and God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 63:1-5

O, God, you are my God,
I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you,
my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
where there is no water. 

I have seen you in your sanctuary,
and gazed upon your power and glory
Your unfailing love is better to me than life itself.
How I praise you!
I will honor you as long as I live.
lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
You satisfy me more than the richest of foods.
I will praise you with songs of joy.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in
my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis