Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Look for Miracles

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! The weather is warming up again and the humidity is higher, but still pleasant and nice as long as I don't stay in the sun very long!

I will be going to a wedding tomorrow evening at the beach, and it will probably be cool, since there is always a breeze blowing off the water, but it should be a beautiful sunset! I thought about the change in time coming up and thought it should be soon, but looked at the calendar and it is not until the weekend, which will be November. I thought it always changed in October!

Well, we will get the extra hour's sleep back that we lost last spring...

I went shopping at CVS yesterday, and had a list with me, but wouldn't you know, I had stamps at the top of my list and walked out without buying any! I got everything else on the list, plus a couple extras not on the list! Typical of me...

After leaving there, I drove to the Park, and saw some big, heavy equipment parked on the weir, plus mowers, etc., so it looks like things are looking up as far as expenses go. The park is looking better  and better since the weeds are cut down.
I saw the teacher leading a group of children on a learning tour, pointing out something in a tree. I think they are very fortunate to be able to have field trips like that! I know I would have enjoyed it! God is good!

From the little devotional book, Knowing God:

God verified the message by signs and wonders and various miracles and by giving gifts of the Holy Spirit, whenever he chose to do do.
Hebrews 2:4 NLT

One way to know more about God is to look carefully at the miraculous things that He does. But sometimes, we're simply too preoccupied to notice. Instead of playing careful attention To God's handiwork, we become distracted. Instead of  expecting God to work miracles, we become cynical. Instead of depending on God's awesome power , we seek to muddle along using our own power-- with decidedly mixed results.

Miracles, both great and small, are an integral part of everyday
life-and they are a part of your life, too. But here's the million
dollar question; have you noticed?

If you lack the faith that God can work miracles in your own life, it's
time to reconsider. Instead of doubting God, trust His power, and
expect His miracles. Then, wait patiently ...because something
miraculous is about to happen.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with
thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis