Friday, November 22, 2013

A Firm Foundation

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partner! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have another overcast morning, but like yesterday, the sun will probably come out later and we will be in the eighties again. Seems like the winter wear will not get used much this year, although we could still have a cold winter. And thank you, Jesus, that the hurricane season is almost over and we have not had one, yet!

After I got through at the lab yesterday and had my delayed breakfast, I started out for the library, and finding the parking lot almost full, decided to go to Publix instead, and do some much needed shopping. Everything you could ever want for a Thanksgiving meal was on display and the bakery smell as I walked in the door, was mouth-watering! I did not have my list with me, but once I write down what I need, I pretty much remember it. Which I did!

When I went by Lynch Lake, it was full of ducks and moorhens. I also saw a group of wood storks, so they are escaping from the cold weather in the north already! I noticed the Florida orchid trees are blooming around the neighborhood, and they look very pretty. There is always something in bloom in Florida! God is good!

From the devotional book Quiet Moments with God:

The rain came, down, the streams rose, and the winds
blew and beat against that house. Yet it did not fall, because
it had its foundation on the rock.

Matthew 7:25

The world's tallest tower stands in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The
first observation deck rises to 1,136 feet, and the second is even higher at 1,815
feet. Photographs and information  located inside the tower help visitors
comprehend the enormous undertaking of the project. Sixty-two tons of
earth and shale were removed from fifty feet into the ground for laying the
concrete that rises to the sky.

From 1972 to 1974, 3,000 workers were at the tower site. Harnessed by safety
ropes, some of the laborers dangled outside the giant for their finishing
work. Remarkably, no one sustained injuries nor died on location.

Today a rapid elevator transports visitors upward for a breathtaking view
of the city and all surrounding areas. Many feel it was well worth the money,
time and effort required to build the CN tower.

We, too, need a good foundation for facing life each day. As we pray and spend
time with our Heavenly Father, we are strengthening our spiritual
foundation, our support base for life. We are able to see more from His point
of view and not just our own. Thus, we are not overwhelmed  by whatever
comes our way. When we feel we're hanging on the edge or suspended in
mid-air, we can take courage in knowing He is holding us-firmly planted-in
the palm of His hand. His foundation is strong and sure,and He will not
crumble and fall.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with
thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis