Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Jogging thru Jeremiah

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! After the rain brought another cold front in last night, the temp is cooler than I like it, but once again, the heat is on. My indoor thermometer says 68 inside and only up to 60 outside! That is ideal for some, but too cool for these old bones!

My cleaning ladies came yesterday, instead of the usual Wednesday, because Cheryl is having her second cataract surgery today. She is amazed at what a difference seeing well does for her! She has to wear sunglasses, now, but did not before, because the brightness bothers her.

We were discussing the man who came to my door about five minutes after I arrived home Monday and had closed the garage door right away, something I don't usually do. He rang the doorbell and pounded on the door. I could see who it was out the window and was hesitant to open the door, but did, after he pounded again. He looked like a homeless man with scruffy clothes and gray in his curly black beard, Right away, he started talking about being new in the neighborhood, the economy, etc, etc, then asked for work and finally food. I told him sorry, no, and shut the door. I did not have a good feeling about him. Cheryl was watching from across the street and said there were two men; both walking down the street concentrating on this side. I saw no car, and had not noticed anything unusual when I drove in, so, anyway, they are gone! All agreed, I should not have opened the door. Lesson learned!

On a happier note, I drove to the park and saw the happy squirrels zipping around the trees seemingly without a care, and a flock of ibis pecking their way along the ground. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not
for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will
listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be
found by you", says the Lord.


I always give thanks for you. remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis