Thursday, January 16, 2014

Love from John

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Brrr! It is in the fifties and sunny, but the wind is blowing which makes the temps seem even colder! The oak trees are still shedding and the porch has a hundred acorns on it even though it was cleaned off Monday. Oh, well, the cleaning does not last! I like the way my yard men "rake" the yard with their blowers. They blow everything in the driveway and get a big pile, then rake the piles into the dumpster. A lot less time and effort than raking by hand and bagging! And the lawn looks pretty good afterwards.

Well, I got my ironing done yesterday! I had been putting it off for about three weeks and decided not to procrastinate any more, so I spent about twenty minutes away from a book , (I enjoy reading) just long enough to get a big task finished. Of course, I will have more ironing after I do laundry today, but that's life!

I went to the park after running a couple errands, and saw more alien cars there, that is, from the northern states...Maine, , New York, several local cars and of course, Ontario. Lots of ibis were about and the squirrels were fat and sassy. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

John 15:5-9
Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me,
and I , in them, will produce much fruit, for apart from me, you
can do nothing. Anyone who parts from me, is thrown away like a
useless branch, and withers. Such branches are gathered up into
a pile to be burned, but if you stay joined to me , and my words
remain in you, you may ask any request you like and it will be
granted! My true disciples produce much fruit. This brings much
glory to my Father!


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis