Friday, January 17, 2014

Roamin' thru Romans

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Although it has warmed up to 55 outside, my hands are cold inside and I am having difficulty typing. If I could type with gloves on, I would! Well, we are still warmer than some places, and we do not have snow on the ground...in my case, just a pile of leaves!

After doing some shopping yesterday, and buying stamps, which are going up in price, soon, I wandered over to the park and saw a anhinga with spread wings, alongside several black turtles sunning on the banks of the weir. There were a few cars. but not as many as earlier in the week. But it was a beautiful day and people were enjoying the outdoors.

I am having a problem keeping a bulb burning in the light on my front porch...seems like it burns out in a hurry,. I called Brian as he was on his way home and he stopped by to change the bulb once again, (which I cannot reach), so we will see how long this one lasts.

Cheryl, across the street, usually calls me to tell me it is out, but she did not call this time. She usually knows everything that goes on in the neighborhood, and looks out for me. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Romans 12:1-2
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your
bodies to God. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice ---the kind
he will accept. When you think of what he has done for you, is this
too much to ask? Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world,
but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way
you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and
you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with
thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis