Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Living the New Life

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We had a good thunderstorm last night, with some much needed rain, but that makes the morning sun and heat very humid! Would you believe the official temp in Tampa yesterday was 96?? But my kitchen thermometer said the outdoor temp was 91 here. Of course, our cooling breezes from the Bay and the Gulf keep us cooler than the landlocked areas!

BTW, Happy July First to all! I guess bankers will have a long weekend!

I have already done laundry this morning, and need to make the bed, but I'll get 'er done, eventually. Yesterday, I replenished my reading material at the library, and were they busy! I should have known better than to go in on Monday. I see patrons having to pay for overdue books, which I have difficulty understanding, but then most people lead busier lives than I do, so it is probably easy to over look turning in books or tapes on time. I usually take mine to the book drop on Sunday, so I don't have to carry books back inside.

I drove in to the park on a hot afternoon and not much activity was going on. One runner was out in the heat and a couple was sitting in the shade. About the only activity I could see were the little squirrels racing around, chasing each other or digging for acorns! But God is good!

Colossians 3:12-17

Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he
loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted
mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
You must make allowance for each other's faults and
forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord
forgave you, so you must forgive others. And the most
important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love
is what binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let
the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as
members of one body, you are all called to live in peace.
And always be thankful.

Let the words of Christ in all their richness, live in your
hearts and make you wise. Use his words to teach and counsel
each other. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs
to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say,
let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while
giving thanks through him to God the Father.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis