Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Psoaring thru Psalm 23

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We had a bright sunshiny day yesterday, and, which is unusual, a fairly cool breeze.  Today is already filled with clouds and rain is north of us, but we might get some drops later this afternoon. Unbelievable, but the weatherman said we are below what we usually get this time of year! Maybe we will make it up before the dry season...

Brian took me to dinner at Trip's Diner Sat. evening, then we took a drive down Central Ave. downtown. What a happening place! For three or four blocks, the street was lined with parked cars, people were walking along the sidewalks, tables were full at the restaurants serving outdoors, shoppers were in and out of the many shops along Beach Drive, and the weather was beautiful! It does my heart good to see all the activity there, because that was the place to be until Tyrone Mall was built, but now the Sundial is coming along and there is lots of entertainment to be found within walking distance if a parking place can be found!

Yesterday my handyman, Rick, came at 9:15 and did a lot of trimming, cleaned the A/C filter and blew off the porch. While he was working, the yard crew came, but decided to skip me and go on down the street to their other jobs. Looks like I will be skipped this week!

After Rick was finished, I made another appointment with him because he wants to clean out my gutters, and I have a doorbell that needs fixing. He is so busy, he is running about 5 days behind, because of all the rain we have had.

Then I went on to the grocery store and picked up some needed items and drove on to the park, I had to drive around an ibis standing in the middle of the street. Usually they move, but this one did not. I saw a couple egrets in the canal and quite a few people enjoying the beautiful day! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd;
I have everything I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.

Even when I walk
through the dark valley of death,
I will not be afraid
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me.

You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You welcome me as a guest,
anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love
will pursue me  all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis