Monday, February 16, 2015

Psoaring thru Psalms

Good President's Day Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have lots of sunshine and breezes to enjoy today, before the cold front comes through Tuesday or Wednesday. Seems like Feb. is up and down as far as the weather goes, or maybe I should say "hot or cold"!

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the Harry Connick, Jr. concert Friday night! From the dinner before hand at Ruth Eckerd to the concert itself! It was a wonderful time of listening to jazz with the oldies, sung and played by the seven people involved, which included the band and Harry on the piano.

I expected an intermission, but was pleased when it was music for an hour and a half with Harry talking about his personal history, and featuring several solos by the various band members. Harry also said he loved having his daughters on tour with him, and introduced his oldest daughter, Charlotte, who came onstage briefly. He also played the trumpet and did a very short stint on the drums. A very talented artist with a great sense of humor!

I was a little concerned about what to wear, but should not have given it a second thought. There were guys in jeans and some ladies in six inch heels and others in casual clothes. I was also a little concerned about the bandage on my nose, but came in at almost the same time as a young woman, maybe in her early twenties, wearing a scarf on her head. She was with her husband and was obviously going through Chemo. Some things we worry about are not important when we see what others are going through. They sat at a table very close to ours and she seemed to have a good appetite, which I was happy for.

My yard men already came this morning, and the garbage men did not, because of the holiday, so the dumpster will sit at the end of the driveway until tomorrow. But I am not the only one who forgot! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 119:1-8
Happy are people of integrity,
who follow the law of the Lord.
Happy are those who obey his decrees
and search for him with all their hearts.
They do not compromise with evil,
and they walk only in his paths.
You have charged us to keep
your commandments carefully,
Oh, that my actions would consistently
reflect your principles!
Then I will not be disgraced when I compare
my life with your commands.
When I learn your righteous laws.
I will thank you by living as I should!
I will obey your principles,
Please don't give up on me!


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis