Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Prowling thru Proverbs

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! From the looks of the porch, we had an early morning rain, because puddles were still visible. The prediction yesterday was that it would rain sometime between 3 and 6 AM and that was correct!.

I mentioned the breeze yesterday, well, I was totally surprised when a heavy downpour started about eleven and kept up for over an hour! Then a loud clap of thunder made me jump a little.  During the rain, I went through more old pics and found the boys report cards from kindergarten and even class pictures from elementary school.

I found photos from our family trip out west to see my aunt Lillian in Reno, photos of the Grand Canyon, Sierra Nevada and Hoover Dam, (called Boulder Dam, then) and the Great Salt Lake. It was like a mini-vacation for me.This vacation trip was made in a '36 Ford with no seat belts or safety features, but it was up to the travel! My brother stood up nearly the whole way, hanging on to the backs of the front seats...not recommended now!

After the rain, I ran some errands and wound up at the Park where the canal was full and trees were still dripping. I only saw one anhinga drying out the wings, and a couple Mockingbirds flying about. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Proverbs 3:21-25

My child, don't lose sight of good planning and insight.
Hang on to them, for they fill you with life and bring you
honor and respect. They keep you safe on your way and
keep your feet from stumbling. You can lie down without
fear and enjoy pleasant dreams. You need not be afraid
of disaster or the destruction that comes upon the wicked,
for the Lord is your security. He will keep your foot from
being caught in a trap.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis