Thursday, July 9, 2015

Psoaring thru Psalms

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have another day like yesterday, hot, sunshine and probably no rain. But that is July in St. Petersburg, At least we have air conditioning in the cars, houses and shops!

My cleaning friends came yesterday, and I told them there were geckos in the house someplace. Well, Kim found a dead one in the wastebasket in the guest room and then found the baby, about one inch long in the bathroom. She said I was a serial lizard killer! Ha.They come in and can't find anything to eat, so, eventually, they dry up and die. They are too quick for me to catch, or I would put them outside.

Cheryl is so thoughtful, she came over before going to work, and brought my dumpster back up. This time I caught her in time to say thanks.She is a blessing!

I went through some more old photos, which seems to be an ongoing project, still looking for family pics for the Stahly family Messenger list, and I am seeing pics of our vacations...one of me standing at the top of Mt. Mitchell in NC. Seems like every year we climbed to the top, and I always said, this was the last time, and finally, it was. The climb is really hard for an out of shape person like me. although I was in better shape back then. I had to stop and rest several times and let my heart get down to a more or less regular beat. Most of it was the altitude at over 6000 plus feet. Doesn't seem like much compared to the Rockies, but I don't do high altitude very well. I found that out again when I was in CO as a delegate to the church Annual meeting. I am a flatlander!

The hedge outside my window is still attracting mockers and bluejays, so they must be carrying seeds back to their nests, because they fly in and out all day. And I don't know how long a butterfly's life is, but they flutter by for awhile and then disappear. So much beauty for such a short time! But God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 147
Praise the Lord!
How good it is to sing praises to our God!
How delightful and how right!
The Lord is rebuilding Jerusalem
and bringing the exiles back to Israel.
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up
their wounds.
He counts the stars
and calls them all by name.
How great is our Lord!  His power is absolute!
His understanding is beyond comprehension!
The Lord supports the humble.
but he brings the wicked down into the dust.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis