Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wisdom from Proverbs

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! A light breeze and lots of sun greets us today, but strong thunderstorms are the prediction for this afternoon. It is interesting to see the dark clouds form and look threatening, then, slowly, they move away and no rain falls. But, we did have a short rain yesterday evening, and that was nice.

Our first recycling day was yesterday. Brian stopped by on his way home from work and took the large bin down to the curb, and when I got home from my appointment in the afternoon, I was prepared to drag it back up beside the garage, but found it already put away, thanks to the good fairy, "Cheryl" across the street! I am blessed to have her for a neighbor.She always looks out for me.

I had an appointment with my podiatrist and we talked about how much St. Pete has changed since I was born. I asked him what brought him here and he said the climate. He is from NY and still has the New Yawk accent.. He said the cost of living is so high in NY that there is no comparison with the prices here.I know to me this will always be home!

I took a side trip to the Park after I left him, and saw that everything was quiet.But I actually saw more wildlife around Lynch Lake than at the park. A seagull, several ibis, and an egret, plus the usual ducks were all enjoying themselves. The baby osprey is still in the nest over at the school, high on a light pole. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Proverbs 2:1-4
My child, listen to me and treasure my instructions.
Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding.
Cry out for insight and understanding. Search for them
as you would for lost money or hidden treasure. Then
you will understand what it means to fear the Lord
and you will gain knowledge of God. For the Lord grants
wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
He grants  treasure of good sense to the godly. He is their shield protecting those who walk with integrity. He grants a treasure of good sense
to the godly. He is their shield, protecting those who walk
with integrity. He guards the paths of justice and protects
those who are faithful to him.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving,
joy and love

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis