Monday, January 11, 2016

Psoaring thru Psalms

Good Morning Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Well, it is chilly to me today, just like the weatherman predicted. Yesterday was warm and I did not need a sweater, but the wind kept blowing cooler during the day and overnight the chilly air blew in. It is creeping up from the low fifties to maybe 60 something later on, but I have the heat on in the house!

Our Next Generation Pastor Candidate and his wife were introduced in church yesterday and I think will be a good addition to our pastoral staff. Then we had another powerful sermon from Pastor Kevin. For a young man, he has a deep understanding of scripture and brings it out in ways that really minister to me and younger people. I see new faces every week and it looks like the attendance is increasing. Old members who drifted away are coming back. As for me, I look to God, not to man. FCC will always be my church.

After church, I enjoyed watching football games to see who won the play offs! I was especially happy that the Packers won! Go Packs!  They are my favorites! Now, they just have to beat the Cardinals next week, but tonight we have the college game for the National Championship. I am favoring Clemson, since the Gators did not make it.

Well, my yard men were here for about 5 minutes a while ago. They just blew leaves off and left, since they mowed last week, And the garbage man came and got the bin and took it down, then brought it back up. He's the same driver who drove the recycle truck, so I guess some of them do double duty. I am blessed to have these things taken care of. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 86:5-10
O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive,
so full of unfailing love for all who ask your aid.
Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord,
hear my urgent cry.
I will call to you whenever trouble strikes,
and you will answer me.

Nowhere among the pagan gods is there
a god like you, O Lord.
There are no other miracles like yours.
All the nations---and you made each one--
will come and bow before you, Lord:
they will praise your great and holy name.
For you are great and perform great miracles.
You alone are God.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis