Thursday, January 21, 2016

Psoaring thru Psalms

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! This is another chilly day, but still beautiful with the sun warming things up a bit and the white puffy clouds floating about. But the cold wave is predicted to be coming this weekend, so we are in for it for awhile. I heard talk about the blizzard expected in NY and surrounding states this weekend, also!

Daryl sent a picture of snow in Cleveland, TN where he is, and school is closed today there because of the snow and icy roads. Brrr! At least we don't have to worry with that!

I had such a nice birthday! Dozens and dozens of well wishes on Facebook, and a lovely flower cake from Brian, Daryl, and Matthew. When the delivery man brought it in the door, I was ready to slice it, but he said it was not edible! It is the most unusual flower arrangement I have ever seen...looks just like a cake! Very beautiful!

Brian took me to the Hangar for dinner and we were there in time to see a group of people come in downstairs ready for a flight. Then while we were seated, we watched a smaller corporate jet taxi out to the runway, and take off, presumably with those people inside. Nice. As the sun went down, we watched the sky turn pink and the water in the Bay turn white when the pinkness faded. Beautiful!

We were served a chocolate treat with whipped cream, a strawberry for each and blueberries which we shared, after our meal, which was delicious. After we had eaten we drove around the airport, discovered Whitted Park, and were admiring the lights reflected on the waterfront and all the boats tied up at the marina. It was a lovely evening in the "Burg".

When we got home, Brian started downloading all sorts of stuff on the Ipad he and Daryl gave me. Electronics and I don't have a good relationship, so I am hoping I will be able to learn enough to make good use of the tablet. He has already accessed the Library ereader which is ready to go. I think I will like that part of it, since it is easier than carrying books. It was a lovely few days of surprises and I am blessed! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 32:8-11

The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best
pathway for your life.
I will advise you and watch over you.
Do not be like a senseless horse or mule
that needs a bit and bridle to keep it
under control.

Many sorrows come to the wicked,
but unfailing love surrounds those who
trust the Lord.
So rejoice in the Lord and be glad all you
who obey him!
Shout for joy, all you whose hearts are pure!


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis