Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Roamin' thru Romans

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! The wind is blowing today and we are in for a short change in the weather tomorrow. But, today we have sun and temps in the seventies already. However, rain is coming and my roof is still not fixed, so I am hoping for no more leaks.

Sunday afternoon I took a trip to downtown St. Petersburg, and was pleased to see how busy it was. People were walking around shopping or just looking at the art show booths set up in Straub Park. Central Avenue parking was not to be found. Every space was taken. Outdoor dining was popular with the perfect weather, and the waterfront was beautiful! Since I grew up here it is gratifying to see how many young people are coming and enjoying this city.

I saw a glimpse of red peeking through the hedge outside my window and sure enough! It was a Cardinal! I haven't seen one in a long time, so I was excited to see him. Maybe there is a nest close by. I have also heard doves with their mournful coos and that is a sound I have been missing. Spring is on the way! And I saw a young gator sunning on the bank of the lake at the park Sunday afternoon. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Romans 12:6-12
God has given each of us the ability to do
certain things well. So if God has given you
the ability to prophecy, speak out when you have
faith that God is speaking through you. If your
gift is that of serving others, serve them well.
If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching.
If your gift is to encourage others, do it! If you
have money, share it generously. If God has given
you leadership ability , take the responsibility
seriously. And if you have the ability to show kindness
to others, do it gladly.


Don't pretend that you love others, really love them.
Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good. Love
each other with genuine affection, and take delight in
honoring each other. Never be lazy in your work, but
serve the Lord enthusiastically!

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis