Friday, April 29, 2016

Faith and Endurance

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Just another very warm spring day that feels like summer...blue skies with puffy white clouds, and occasional rain in other parts of the state, but none predicted for here. The only thing that really keeps it from feeling like summer for sure, is the cool breeze. If I stand in the shade on the front porch, I can feel the coolness of the gentle wind, and it is good!

I think there is a new squirrel family zipping up and down the oaks and racing across the street. I saw four in the yard at one time and two sticking close together yesterday. I still like to watch them, but I wish they would stop coming to a dead stop in the street when I am driving toward them. I haven't hit one yet, but one day they won't get out of the way, I'm afraid.

After I finished some business yesterday, I decided to go down to CFA for a salad, since it was late in the afternoon, and of course, there was already a line around the building, but it was moving quickly, so it only took about ten minutes to get around. It was the first time they made a mistake in my order..apparently the girl thought I said "fruit punch" instead of sweet Iced tea? They don't sound anything alike, but the switch was made at the window. It was a pleasure.

I decided to go home by way of 62nd Ave. Oh, boy! The repaving has started and eastbound traffic was down to one lane. Talk about traffic! It was almost going home time and the line of traffic was
long, so I decided to get out of that mess and turned off to head home!

On my way, I drove by Lynch Lake and saw the stately egret waiting for a fish to swim by and lots of ducks, and a couple ibis. God is good!

(BTW, my computer lost its internet connection yesterday morning and by the time my friend told me how to reboot, it was too late to send this blog.)

From the Promise Bible NLT:

James 1:2-8
Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble
comes your way, let it be an opportunity for
joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance
has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when
your endurance is fully developed, you will be
strong in character and ready for anything.

If you need wisdom--if you want to know what
God wants you to do--ask him, and he will gladly
tell you, He will not resent your asking. But when
you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to
answer, for a doubtful mind is an  unsettled as a wave
of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.
People like that should not expect to receive anything
from the Lord. They can't make up their minds. They
waver back and forth in everything they do.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis