Friday, April 15, 2016

Jesus, The True Vine

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have overcast skies today with rain predicted for later and again tomorrow probably, but Sunday should be beautiful!

After I left my hair stylist yesterday, I stopped at CFA, got into line barely off the street, and prepared for a long wait to get to the window. But, the line moved quickly because the girl with the ipad menu was on the job in the heat, taking orders from the cars and trucks lined up, so it was only about ten minutes before I got to the window and got my chicken salad sandwich and frosty lemonade. Tasty!

After I had my lunch, I went on to Publix and did my grocery shopping. It was a good time to go, because there were not so many people at that time of day. The bag man did not offer to take me out, so I put all the groceries in the van, and by the time I unloaded at home, I was ready for a tiny rest. I had seen Breyer's gelato in the ice cream section, so I bought the raspberry cheesecake and had some with a non-sugar cinnamon loaf cake. Kinda defeats the whole diet idea, right?

I saw the white duck floating on Lynch Lake as I drove by, along with some smaller ducks. I could not see them well enough to tell what they were, but they looked very content riding the slightly choppy waves. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

John 15:9-15
I have loved you, even as the Father has loved me.
Remain in my love. When you obey me, you remain
in my love, just as I obey my Father and remain in
his love. I have told you this so that you will be filled
with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! I command
you to love each other in the same way that I love you.
And here is how to measure it--the greatest love is shown
when people lay down their lives for their friends. You
are my friends if you obey me. I no longer call you servants
because a master doesn't confide in his servants. Now you
are my friends ,since I have told you everything the Father
told me. You didn't choose me, I chose you. I appointed
you to go and produce fruit that will last , so that the Father
will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. I command
you to love each other.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis