Thursday, April 14, 2016

The True Vine

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! This is sort of a transition day; more humidity, and showers predicted for the rest of the week, but then comes Sunday, and it is supposed to be beautiful!. I have had my A/C on for over a week, now, and while I get a little cool in the evenings reading and watching TV, it really feels good during the heat of the day!

After the cleaning ladies left yesterday, I drove out to Walmart to gas up the van, and was pleased to see that the price of gas has gone down a few cents. This was good news. Traffic was heavy, as usual, on US 19, but moving right along. I still wonder why there aren't more accidents, the way some people drive. A car zoomed by me, almost cutting me off, and I drove up right behind the impatient driver at the next red light, where she had to wait for three minutes like the rest of us. So much for her hurry! I took gleeful satisfaction in that!

I stopped by the Park where few people were enjoying the day and walking dogs, and then went by Lynch Lake and saw egrets, ibis, ducks and seagulls! It was a busy place! And I also admired the jacaranda trees again, which are now in full bloom!

God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

John 15:5-8
Yes, I am the vine, you are the branches.
Those who remain in me, and I in them, will
produce much fruit. For apart from me, you
can do nothing. Anyone who parts from me
is thrown away like a useless branch and withers.
Such branches are gathered into a pile to be
burned. But if you stay joined to me and my
words remain in you, you may ask any request
you like and it will be granted! My true disciples
produce much fruit. This brings much glory to
my Father...


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis