Monday, April 11, 2016

Love

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have another beautiful sunshiny, day with breezes blowing and fairly low humidity, much like yesterday!

I wore a spring like pant suit to church yesterday and could have used a sweater  because the A/C was cold. But we heard a good sermon on 1 Corinthians 13. Pastor Kevin had another winner! I was a winner, also, since church let out on time, and I found a parking space right away!

We had a free salmon dinner last night at church, with Dennis Weidler from KICY, Nome Ak, speaking afterwards about the work of the radio station which reaches into Russia with the gospel and Christian music. FCC has been a supporter of this radio station for many years. The salmon was shipped from Alaska and was probably the best tasting I have ever eaten! There were lots of good side dishes, also! I had been wanting my church to have one of the salmon dinners for a long time, so I am happy the Mission committee planned this!

On the way home, I came around Lynch Lake and the ducks and ibis were just settling down for the night. I also saw a woodstork among the feathery friends! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

1 Corinthians 13:1-3
If I could speak in any language in heaven
or on earth, but didn't love others, I would
only be making meaningless noise like a
loud gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the
gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries
of the future and knew everything about everything,
but didn't love others, what good would I be?
And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak
to a mountain and make it move, without love I
would be no good to anybody. If I gave everything
I have to the poor, and even sacrificed my body ,
I could boast about it, but if I didn't love others, I
would be of no value whatsoever...


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis