Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Roamin' thru Romans

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! Wow! What a wild and wet day I woke up to! Actually, the lightning flashing on the curtains woke me first, and then I heard some thunder. I was expecting it because the weather reports yesterday kept showing on radar, the massive clouds of rain heading our way and the reports said it would start at about 5. They were right on the money! It is still raining lightly and water is dripping off the roof, but that's OK because my van is in the shop, so I can't go anywhere. Plus, we will take all the rain we can get!

I enjoyed bacon and eggs for breakfast and will probably have a BLT for lunch minus the lettuce. I already listened to some Trent Harmon songs which started my day off right, but one of the worship songs we sang Sunday keeps going through my mind. I even tried singing it out loud to see if that would help. Not that it's a bad thing to have praise songs in your mind; it's just one of those things...

My cleaning ladies are coming this afternoon. I saw them getting a wet start from Cheryl's house across the street. They had a nice, long weekend, since Cheryl's cousin came for a visit.

 When Ray came for the van last night, he had cleaned up the oil off the garage floor and swept all the leaves off the side I cannot get at when the car is parked. Sweeping is a challenge for me, anyway, since I have trouble with my balance. So I really appreciated Ray's thoughtfulness.

Well, I guess the squirrels are wet today and I don't hear any birds singing, so maybe later, when the sun comes out, all the little critters will get busy about their days. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Romans 3:14-23
When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's
plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,
 the Creator  of everything in heaven and on
earth. I pray that from the glorious, unlimited
resources, he will give you mighty, inner strength
through his Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will
be more and more at home in your hearts as you
trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the
soil of God's marvelous love. And may you have
the power to understand  as all God's people should;
how wide, how long, how high and how deep his
love really is. May you experience the love of Christ,
though it is so great you will never fully understand
it . Then you will be filled with the fullness of life
and power that comes from God.

Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work
within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more
than we would ever dare to ask or hope. May he be
given glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever
and ever through endless ages . Amen


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis