Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Paul's Thorn In the Flesh

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! So far no rain, but all at once the sun has disappeared. Hopefully, that does not mean more rain, because my flat roof is just drying out inside, and my handy man has truck issues. Meanwhile, the front yard is still a mess, so if the yard crew is able to get out today, maybe they will pick up all the trash.

Since I had cancelled an appointment for yesterday afternoon, I did some chores in the house...my ironing, (yay!) and finished my last library book. I now have to return five and collect some more.I once read about a man who upon retirement vowed to read every book in his Library. Since new books are published nearly every day, I would say he has a never ending job!

Uh, oh, it is raining again! Not good for my roof! I did not see that on the forecast, but maybe I missed it. Sigh.

I am thankful for my higher elevation, though, because no streets around this area flood and I have a way to leave should it be necessary. I was looking at the aftermath of the floods on TV this morning, and saw that some people are slowly returning to their flooded homes. So Sad.

We had sunshine for a while yesterday and this morning , so God is good! But the rain causes strange things to happen...a couple manatees were nibbling on a ladies'a yard when the water overflowed the seawall, and a gopher tortoise came visiting another person's house. Worse of all, a gator was spotted with a human body in its mouth! That is still a mystery.We should hear more about that today...

from the Promise Bible NLT:

2 Corinthians 12:6-10
I have plenty to boast about and would
be no fool in doing it . I am going to boast
only about my weaknesses.

 because I would be telling the truth. But
I won't do it . I don't want anyone to think
more highly of me, than what they can see, even
though I have received wonderful revelations
from God. But to keep me from getting puffed up
I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger
from Satan to torment me and keep me from getting
proud.

Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away.
Each time he said, "My gracious favor is all you need.
My power works best in your weakness. So now I am
 glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power
of Christ may work through me. Since I know it is all
for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses
and with insults, hardships, persecutions and calamities.
For when I am weak, then I am strong.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis