Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Psoaring thru Psalms

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!  We have sun and clouds today and very warm temps! Our rain chances are picking up, because of the tropical disturbances in the Atlantic, which is heading our way according to some of the "spaghetti" models from various sources. Possible rain is up to 60% for Sunday! I sure hope that is wrong, because Pastor Kevin is preaching such a good series on Ecclesiastes that I hate to miss. I will just have to wait and see.

Yesterday was so hot! I parked in the shade at the Library, but walked a short distance through the sun to get in the door and I could feel my arms cooking! I heard the temp was up over a hundred in several cities inland. But I got a severe weather warning on my iphone about 5:30 or 6, and sure enough, we had thunder, lightning, and pouring rain for about thirty minutes!

My yard crew had come in the morning and the past two weeks, just the helpers have been doing the yards. I think maybe Jim, the owner, is on vacation. But I must say, the guys have set the mower blades lower and the yard looks really good when they get through! the two or three other yards they do down the street look good, too!

I drove on to the park while I was out, and while there were more cars Parked, I did not see many people. They really have to endure to walk the boardwalk in all the heat, because most of it is not shaded. The water in the canal is really high and I noticed one of the poles mounted on the side of the weir is leaning and almost broken from all the debris piled up against it. But God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 138:1-3,8
I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart.
I will sing your praises before the gods.
I bow before your holy Temple  as I worship.
I will give thanks to your name
for your unfailing love and faithfulness.
Because your promises are backed
by all the honor of your name.
When I pray, you answer me.
You encourage me by giving me the
strength I need.

The Lord will work out his plans for my
life---
for your faithful love, O Lord, endures
forever.
Don't abandon me, for you made me.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy, and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis