Monday, August 1, 2016

The Futility of Wealth

Good August First Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Soon the kids will be back in school and perhaps the weather will show promise of cooling just a bit.We have another sunshiny, hot day with perhaps a shower or two, as usual.

There was no rain yesterday as I drove to church and it looked like a pretty good crowd, although I know a few families are still on vacation. Pastor Kevin preached another in his series on Ecclesiastes with a little humor and he really gets the point across.

I have been using my walker for several months now, but people still come up to me very surprised to see me with it! Guess because it is a 3 wheeler, it is not so noticeable. Sometimes it is awkward having to use it, because it limits my ability to serve myself when food is involved; for instance at the wedding I attended yesterday afternoon, I skipped the refreshments, because I couldn't let go of the handgrips to hold a plate. But that did not take away the enjoyment I had at seeing two people so obviously in love get married and start a new life together.

They had a volcano cake that the groom had made (he is a cake decorator at Publix). It kept erupting and was very colorful! So cool!

Well I drove through Sawgrass Park after church and saw a few cars there, with people walking around and ibis and an egret fishing alertly for their dinner in the canal. Then I went home to lunch and to watch the Rays sweep the Yankees! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Ecclesiastes 5:18
Even so, I have noticed one thing, at least, that is good
It is good for people to eat well, drink a good glass
of wine, and enjoy their work---whatever they do under
the sun---for however long God lets them live And it is
a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good
health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your
lot in life---that is indeed a gift from God. People who do
that  rarely look with sorrow on the past, for God has
given them reasons for joy.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis