Monday, September 19, 2016

Psoaring thru Psalms

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!We have blue skies and puffy clouds today and very hot temps coming up. I always look forward to October's bright, blue weather, as the poem says, because then maybe it will start cooling off! Also maybe these unexpected thunderstorms might taper off!

We had a doozy yesterday afternoon with a downpour!

We had another wonderful church service yesterday, and a new, old cross highlighted against a rippled wall. This is in place of the former cross which has been in front of the sanctuary since it was built. Changes are still being made and they all seem good.

Yesterday when I walked in, the crowd noise hit me. Lots of first service people standing around enjoying each others' company. And two former members who left several years ago, and were among the first group of founding people were back for their second visit. I was so glad to see them and they said they will continue to visit.

I think I need to get a horn or bell for my walker, because unless someone "breaks trail" for me, it is difficult to get through the crowd. My friend, Kathy, always looks out for me as do most other friends.

Brian took me to lunch at Cracker Barrel Saturday, where we sat through paramedics going into the kitchen to tend to a young, 19, year old man, who had a seizure. Our server said he had had them before, but the medics put him on a gurney and took him out to the ambulance. Meanwhile, about two dozen Army people in camos were eating across the aisle from our table. They might have been reservists, but anyway, I was able to thank a couple for their service, as they left.

It was an interesting weekend, but I was disappointed that the Packers lost last night. I was very impressed by Sam Bradford of the Vikings, though. He made some really good passes. Unfortunately, one of the players interfered with Aaron Rodgers's receiver so many times, he was not able to complete his passes! Oh, well, maybe they will do better next week. But God is good!  (And the Gators won!!)

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 16:5-8

Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my
cup of blessing.
You guard all that is mine.
The land you have given me is a pleasant
land.
What a wonderful inheritance!

I will bless the Lord who guides me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken , for he is right
beside me.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 amaryllis