Monday, October 17, 2016

Paul's Prayer

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I am really liking the coolness to the breeze these days. We actually had a little rain shower Saturday, but yesterday was beautiful and dry!

After my appointment at the salon Saturday, Brian met me and we went to Coney Island for lunch.  I have had better chili dogs, but the old time atmosphere is the attraction there. They were surprisingly busy for a Saturday and then, just before we left, two paramedic units pulled up in front. When we came out the door, we saw what looked like a homeless man sitting on the sidewalk and the paramedics were talking to him, so I said a prayer for his well being and we drove on our way.

Brian took me by the destruction site of the old Pheil Hotel and theater. That was the  place where I saw "Gone with the Wind" for the first time. You had to walk in the theater and then turn around and face front, because the screen was over the entrance door. I don't know when the "cheese grater" name started, because I never called the building that name. I am sad to see it go, but the old hotel was just taking up valuable space in a vibrant downtown!

There were lots of people out and about, but we got home in time for me to go pick up some needed items at a store and then get home in time to watch the Gators win! I also washed a load of clothes and got them out of the dryer after dark; left the garage light on, which resulted in a call from my neighbor about 9 telling me my light was on.She is good to watch out for me! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Ephesians 3:14-19
When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's
plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,
the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth,
I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources
he will give you mighty, inner strength through
his Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will be more
and more at home in your hearts as you trust in Him.
May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's
marvelous love. And may you have the power to
understand as all God's people should, how wide,
how long how high, and how deep his love really is.
May you experience the love of Christ , though it is
so great you will never fully understand it . Then you
will be filled with the fullness of life and power that
comes from God,


I always give thanks for you and remember you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy 
and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis