Friday, November 18, 2016

Paul's Final Greeting

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have lots of sun and still no rain in sight, now or in the near future. We really need rain, but not nearly as much as the Carolinas and Tenn. where the wildfires are burning. Daryl said the smoke is so bad in Cleveland, TN where he lives that they are all coughing and sniffling.

He sent a photo of Nantahala Lodge, with smoke all around it. I hear that a couple of the cabins were burned up, but I have not confirmed that. We stayed there when Brian graduated from Stetson, as a family celebration of his achievement. It is a beautiful place, or was.

Yesterday I went to church to board a bus to Miller's in Bradenton for a Thanksgiving, lunch. While waiting for the bus, I was able to talk with several people who were all sympathetic about my sister's passing and offered their condolences and love, with a lot of hugs. Even one lady who I have never been introduced to sent me an email and spoke to me. with a hug. That was love from the family of God!

Getting on the bus was a whole other adventure! The step was so high, even though I grabbed hold of both rails, it took About five guys to lift me up onto the first step so I could get on.. I had expected that, but hoped that there would be a lower step. Getting off was good, because someone had produced a small step stool to take up the space between the step and the ground..

The meal was good and the fellowship even better.  So today I am thankful for blessings, even though I have achy muscles from stretching for the high step. But God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

1 Thessalonians 5:14,18
Brothers, and sisters, we urge you to warn
those who are lazy. Encourage those who
are timid. Take tender care of those who
are weak. Be patient with everyone.
See that on one pays back evil for evil,
but always try to do good to each other and
to everyone else. ...

Now may the God of peace make you holy
in every way and may your whole spirit and
soul and body, be kept blameless until that
day when Our Lord Jesus Christ comes again.
God, who calls you , is faithful. He will do this.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis